Personal health records have joined the portability bandwagon by featuring easy access through USB storage devices and personal mobile phones. AllOneHealth and Connectyx Technologies Holdings Group, Inc. have teamed on creating a system allowing consumers to securely view and manage health information on the web via USB device or even mobile phones. Set to hit stores across the U.S. in December, both products will be sold in a combined solo package.
AllOneHealth in partnership with Diversdinet Corp for security is the brains behind AllOneMobile, the cell phone application distributed through Connectyx’s very own MedFlash. Personal health information of the patient is stored in a portable flash drive and in an online personal health record via MedFlash. With its very own website, MedFlash passes on to patients the responsibility to play a part in their own health by allowing them to maintain and constantly update their information and upload it to the flash drive. As the two products merge, patients’ health information could easily be viewed, managed, and shared with medical practitioners using cell phones.
AllOne mobile technology caters to a number of features available for users specifically:
- Sending a child’s health information to their school nurse as basis for health.
- In an emergency situation, prescriptions are shared to the first responder.
- Gain access to a family member’s medical history while at the emergency room.
- Send to the new specialist even before the visit previous family health records.
- Even while travelling, insurance coverage for an emergency could be validated.
- View a list of past and current prescription plus pharmacy information on the medications.
- Provide doctors with an image of a valid insurance card.
- Review immunization records of an infant.
- Creates a list of people to contact in an emergency.
- Receive alerts like an electronic planner on upcoming health appointments or unfilled prescriptions.
- Obtain individualized tips to meet patient’s unique and specific needs in managing their chronic illness.
- Possess vital, updated health information on hand 24/7.
The agreement benchmarks AllOne Mobile’s first appearance in retail establishments, pharmacies and grocery stores such as Harris Teeter, Kroger and Walgreens for purchase. Drugstore.com, one of the available online retailers, would also sell the package. Each program is available for separate purchase on their company’s respective websites. Through the Microsoft Health Vault and the AllOne Mobile consumer site https://dtc.allonemobile.com, AllOne Mobile is available for direct purchase. Meanwhile in relationship with Associated Pharmacies Incorporated, through charitable organizations, travel organizations, physicians’ practices, insurance companies and employers, MedFlash becomes available in local and online stores as well as in http://www.medflash.com.
This technology holds great potential to change the face of EHR only if physician practices and hospitals hold the capability of utilizing electronic PHR information. When physicians’ nationwide have adopted the EHR technology, that would mark the time this technology would be beneficial to consumers/patients as EHR can sync with patients’ electronic and mobile PHRs. Emerging health technologies must constantly communicate together to maximize their individual capabilities and benefits both to medical practitioners and patients alike.