Feb. 28, 2013 is the deadline for attesting. There are only 4 days left for the first year eligibles to begin their 90 day reporting period. Most are probably already deep in here with the incentives; however there are always those who may wait until the last minute thus we thought a friendly reminder could be beneficial to get you to the websites.
The CMS attestation website has all the information you need, and you could say it is a bit complex. First off be sure to read and determine which program is the one applicable for you.
If you participate in a Medicaid EHR program should check the attestation deadline for your state. For more information, visit www.cms.gov.
- The Medicare EHR Incentive Program provides incentive payments to eligible professionals, eligible hospitals, and CAHs that demonstrate meaningful use of certified EHR technology.
- Eligible professionals can receive up to $44,000 over five years under the Medicare EHR Incentive Program. There’s an additional incentive for eligible professionals who provide services in a Health Professional Shortage Area (HSPA).To get the maximum incentive payment, Medicare eligible professionals must begin participation by 2012.
Note: If you are a Medicare Advantage Plan (like an HMO or PPO), please visit our Medicare Advantage page.
The Medicaid EHR Incentive Program
- The Medicaid EHR Incentive Program provides incentive payments to eligible professionals, eligible hospitals, and CAHs as they adopt, implement, upgrade, or demonstrate meaningful use of certified EHR technology in their first year of participation and demonstrate meaningful use for up to five remaining participation years.
- Eligible professionals can receive up to $63,750 over the six years that they choose to participate in the program
- The Medicaid EHR Incentive Program is voluntarily offered by 43 individual states and territories, and more states will begin offering the program in 2012. Check with your State Medicaid Agency for more information.
Note. Some extensions have been given for those in the New York area that suffered adverse affects from Hurricane Sandy so if you are located in those regions be sure to check out the link below for additional details.
If you have not started with an electronic medical records system yet, we can help and do the legwork for you. EMRConsultant can save you valuable time with letting us locate the vendors that would be a good match for your and your practice. We can also walk you through the attesting processes for meaningful use with additional information. Give us a try as this is a free services for any physician to use.