Apoteket, Sweden’s largest pharmacy chain, and Medco Health Solutions, Inc. recently announced the development of Elektroniskt ExpeditionsStod (EES), one of the first national centralized drug utilization review (DUR) programs outside of the United States. This program is intended to improve prescription safety by reducing adverse drug events and thereby reducing the drug related hospitalizations. In Sweden, about 30 percent of emergency care visits and 10 percent of all hospital admissions are the result of preventable adverse drug related events.
Featured Software Solutions
- Electronic Health Record Growth: The growth of electronic health record adoption continues strong across the i... https://t.co/eSlk8E5zZi, Dec 29
- Happy Thanksgiving! https://t.co/kB4tKMIl4l, Nov 26
- Medicare Quality Reporting Programs: 2016 Physician Fee Schedule Call â Register Now: Tuesday, December 8 from... https://t.co/hrAz90o4HK, Nov 13
- Webinar: Ensure ICD-10 Sucess: Ask the Expert: How to Ensure ICD-10 Success Wednesday, August 12th, 12 p.m. ET... http://t.co/8uJ1IcOjlN, Aug 11
- Webinar: What Health Care Can Learn from Silicon Valley: Tuesday, July 14th, 12 p.m. ET In Silicon Valley, the... http://t.co/uip2q1vFrP, Jul 13